Monday, February 22, 2010

There's a Signpost Up Ahead......


I don't really remember my pregnancy dreams being THIS odd with my first pregnancy, but let me tell you, I think Rod Serling (think 1960's Twilight Zone) has taken up residence in my brain and decided to take me on "A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. There's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

Seriously, the other day I dreamed that the husband of one of my mommy friends was a child molester and using his business as a front for molesting children. In my dream, we all got together and beat the living daylights out of him while his wife (my good friend) made excuses for him. It was so real!

Another night I dreamed that we were in a gigantic hotel and Dante let go of my hand, ran off to an open elevator, stepped in, the doors closed, and he disappeared forever. I honestly woke up sweating and crying and thought it was true. I had to run into his room at 3 am to make sure that he was still there and not in some random elevator.

Then I had a dream that Dante was Boba Fett. Really. Boba Fett. How nerdy am I that I even have nerdy pregnancy dreams?

It's really strange but none of the dreams I have had have involved the new baby. They all center around Dante or things other than Mr. Bean in the womb.

With such vivid dreams, I am often worried about going to bed at night because some of these dreams are so realistic that I usually wake up expecting them to be real! (Sue me, I think it would be neat if my kid was Boba Fett, except that he would not fall into the Sarlacc Pit in this reality, rather he would kick its ass).

Maybe the fact that I am not dreaming about the baby and only really dreaming about Dante is that I am worried about my relationship with him when the new baby comes. Who knows, I'm not Freud. But I do wonder what the heck is going on in my brain these nights.

No comments: