Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Round Two and the Results


Well, I don't want to jinx anything but this method seems to be working. We put Dante to bed last night after his bath and some nursing, around 8:45 pm. I was prepared for 2 hours of screaming and yelling, but believe it or not, he fussed for about half an hour and then was quiet. He didn't scream bloody murder like Round 1, rather he just softly fussed, almost as though he was saying "Aw come on guys, I still want to play". At 9:30 pm, we went in to check on him and there he was, the little prisoner, up against the crib bars snoring away like there was no tomorrow. We laid him down, gave him his lovey and rejoiced in our success.


At 2 am he woke up. I went in, gave him some water, stroked his head, laid him down with his lovey and walked out of the room. He fussed, but once again, was not as vocal as the previous night. At about 2:30 am, I went in to check on him. He had found a pacifier in his crib and was sucking on it, all the while clutching his lovey and snoring away in his prisoner stance. I laid him down, once again, and went back to bed,


He awoke at 8 this morning, fresh faced and ready to go. He was already pointing at my chest and saying "Boo!" by the time I walked in there and thankfully so, as I had skipped the overnight nursing and was again harboring two small planets under my shirt. I nursed him , he enjoyed it, I felt better and now it's time for breakfast.


I wonder what Round 3 tonight will bring. Better? Worse? We can't turn back now.

No comments: