Tuesday, October 13, 2009

God and Flu Propaganda

I recently came across this story while stumbling around StumbleUpon:

Young flu victim's mom: 'I know Hallee's in heaven' on The Murfreesboro Post

Excuse me while I barf.  Don’t get me wrong, I am sad that this little girl died, but come on.  The religious idiocy spewing from this article made me want to rip my face off.  Oh yes, your god is so wonderful and great that he would let a little girl die. And not quickly. No, he’s so wonderful and caring that he is going to let your child suffer innumerably and then he’s going to kill her. You can’t tell me that people really believe this idiocy.  This poor kid. I guess I can be thankful that she was so heavily brainwashed that she was not frightened at the end. Something we should all be so lucky to have, but come on.  If this isn’t proof positive that god and religion are farces to keep your fear of death at bay, then what is?

I also love how this article hints that she died of some type of flu, mentioning it just enough to scare Average Joe and family and glosses over completely that her death was caused by another medical issue that was ailing her.  The flu just compounded it.

I realize I don’t blog often anymore and many of my blogs seem very cranky as of late, but there is so much junk going on in this world that I simply don’t have time to spread my cynicism this thin.  Plus, I have a 3 year old who is way more exciting and entertaining that the sad, boring news. I would much rather be discussing the merits of Chick Hicks and Lightning McQueen that crankily poring over some bullshit news story.

So, I’m sorry you died little girl. 

No comments: