I am the type of mom who likes to interact and get to know the kids. Last year, I knew every one of Dante's Kindergarten classmates (and I'm well on my way to knowing all of his 1st grade mates this year) and I can still see them today and say hello to them (and strangely enough they somehow remember me) <----#sarcasmfont
Anyhow, I sat down with some of the kids and chatted with them and this is what I discovered from today's 8 and 9 year olds.
- The Lorax is good but it's boring and nothing blows up
- My dad used to be a DJ in the olden days in the 90's.
- My mom is really old. She's 32.
- We should turn off the movie and dance because I want to show everyone my moves and maybe someone will want to be my girlfriend.
- It's weird to see my friends without their clothes on. (The kids were wearing pajamas, not the required school uniform)
- My grandpa was a warrior in the Venetian War. He's dead now.
- In the 80's there were no cell phones so people couldn't call anyone unless they were home.
- In the 80's computers were as big as your house and only rich people had them.
- Girls are weird because all they want to do is hit you
- Boys are weird because all they want to do is hit you
- My dad has tattoos like you except his are nicer
- I like your tattoos. My mom won't let me get one yet.
- Is Justin Bieber your favorite singer?
- You like Star Wars? But you're a mom!
- How could you have seen Star Wars when you were a kid? It wasn't real back then.
- I love your hair and your lipstick. You look like a goth lady, but old and with jeans on.