Friday, January 22, 2010

Move over David Beckham.....

.....there's a new super star (and very handsome) soccer player in town!



That's right, it's official. I am a "Soccer Mom". Dante started soccer yesterday at our local YMCA and all of my fears of having the child that didn't listen or didn't pay attention were thrown out the window when I saw my little (big) boy saying "Yes Coach!" and "I got it Coach!" and following directions. You could have easily picked me out as the "first time" mom out there that day, as I had a huge grin on my face and was constantly snapping pictures of everything Dante did:

From jumping jacks....







......to sprints







....to dribbling and trapping the ball.



I was so proud of him and he had such a good time! So yes, it is official. I am now the proverbial "soccer mom". Time to get some elastic waist jeans and start purchasing from the Kathy Lee or Jaclyn Smith collection at K-Mart.

3 comments:

Carla said...

very cute!

Unknown said...

Be the mom who cuts up oranges for the team, everyone loved those.

Unknown said...

He's so big now! WTG Mr. D!