There was one instance, though, in which I had to stop what I was doing and stare dumfoundedly at the television; mouth agape; muttering to myself, "Oh no she didn't!". This is an excerpt of the quote by Sarah Palin taken from the official transcripts from CNN:
"..... who hate America and hate what we stand for, with our freedoms, our democracy, our tolerance, our respect for women's rights, those who would try to destroy what we stand for cannot....."
Wait.....What? What did she just say? "Our respect for women's rights"? Hold the phone here. Sarah Palin has absolutely NO RESPECT FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS. How the hell can she say that? Let's look at this so-called respect Sarah Palin has for women's rights:
- Rejected sympathy for Down's Syndrome son, as gift from God.
- Opposes embryonic stem cell research.
- Every baby is created with a future and potential.
- Adoption is best plan for permanency for foster care kids.
- Choose life, even if her own daughter were raped.
- If Roe v. Wade got overturned, let people decide what's next.
- Opposes use of public funds for abortions.
- Pro-contraception, pro-woman, pro-life.
- When Sarah Palin was mayor of Wasilla, the city billed sexual assault victims and their insurance companies for the cost of rape kits and forensic examinations.
- Is a member of an anti-abortion organization called Feminists for Life.
- She is opposed to explicit sex education.
Um, ok. Where are the women's rights she's talking about? The right to cook dinner for your husband Rifle or whatever the fuck his name is? The right to clean the house and then do the grocery shopping all the while taking care of 17 kids? I'm not exactly sure what "women's rights" Sarah is talking about since she seems to be opposed to each and every right women are entitled to.
See, it's women like Sarah Palin that piss me off immensely. She's riding on the coattails of the hundreds of women who shed blood, cried tears, and fought tooth and nail to achieve equality for women in the workplace, in government, in the home and more importantly with themselves. She owes her position, her ability to run as a Vice Presidential candidate to these women, yet her outdated archaic bullshit thinking tarnishes and defames everything that these pioneers and champions of women's rights stood for. How can she, as a woman, as a second class citizen, support and condone the patriarchal, mysogynistic agenda of the Republican, religious right; which seeks to pidgeonhole women into a role of submission, of mere incubators for unwanted children, and as liable and responsible parties to their own abuse? She's like what Clarence Thomas is to black people. They stand for everything that degrades and demeans who they are.
It's like those evangelical gay republican christian groups. How confused are those people?
I cannot believe the American people are this stupid that they would fall this thing named Sarah Palin. I've just spent the last 8 years averting my eyes everytime Dubya came on screen because he made me physically ill. I don't want that to happen for the next four. I can't look at her. She infuriates me. Are the American people this stupid? I sincerely hope not.