Saturday, March 3, 2007

When it rains, it pours........

It's been a week. A week. One of those "where is the nearest hole I can jump into" week. It didn't start out that way, but here we are, Friday night and my hair is still falling out. So, let's start at the beginning.

Last Sunday, we slept in, had a nice breakfast at IHOP where Dante's girlfriend Delreese (a very pretty woman who has known us since Dante was still a twinkle in Randy's eye) served us up some yummy omelets and pancakes. Dante had his favorite fruit cup and juice, while staring lovingly at his Nubian princess. Seriously, the kid is ga-ga over her, and rightfully so. She's quite the awesome chick. Anyhow, over our eggs and toast, Randy and I decide to go to Sawgrass Mills Mall for the day and just walk around. After some serious debating and dicussing, we realized that we had been really frugal for the past few weeks and had relieved ourselves of 98% of our debts, and thus we decide that we are going to sink the dough into an Xbox 360. We had considered the Wii or the PS3, but the Wii is next to impossible to find and the PS3 comes with a hefty $599 price tag. So we decided on the $399 Xbox 360, and a game for each of us. Why not? We had been saving really well and taking good care of our finances. So we splurged, bought the 360 and Tomb Raider: Legend and Lost Planet.

On our way home from the mall, Dante began fussing in his car seat. He was sleepy and there was traffic, so we were not moving fast enough to lull him to nap. He was hollering up a storm back there and there was no pleasing him. I handed him my cell phone to soothe him, as the lights and the *boops* and *beeps* always calm him at home and he quickly quieted down and we spent the rest of the car trip in peace. Upon arriving home, I retrieved my cell phone from my little lamb only to find that it was DRENCHED in slobber. So, I turned it off, removed the battery and let it dry. Well, guess what? My cell phone is broken. My brand new I-never-get-insurance-on-these-damn-things-and-I-just-used-my-$150-rebate-to-buy-it-cell phone is soaked in baby drool and the keypad no longer functions properly. Sure, I can receive phone calls and text messages, but I can no longer access my menu, my camera, my settings or my contact list. Nevermind when I try and press *Talk*. My phone goes wacko and jumps through a thousand screens in a second. Great. Just great. Now I need a new phone. And we just sank over $500 into a damn Xbox 360.

But it doesn't end there. Tuesday the CV joints on Randy's car start acting up. Randy says not to worry as he can ride them out for a few weeks while we save up the extra $$$ to get new ones. His car runs fine and it is not really a safety issue...........................................wait for it..................................................

Guess who calls me from the side of the road Thursday night? No, not the Easter Bunny. No, not Santa Claus. No, not Condoleeza Rice. If you guessed Randy, *ding ding ding* you are right. His car blew up on 95 South and Atlantic coming home from work. And guess what? I need to call him a tow truck and have it towed to our house. BAM! There goes $120. Oh wait! Now he has to go buy new CV joints..................$214 out the window!

Not over yet...........So Randy has his car up on jacks today all ready to change out the CV joints and fix his car. And what does he find? The Hub and the bearing that ties the steering knuckle to the joints and said Hub is also in need of repair. $90 to Advance Auto Parts YET AGAIN, AND!!!...I now am the epitome of the redneck wife as we have a CAR UP ON BLOCKS in our front yard.

I'm glaring at my Xbox 360 right now. But you know what, Tomb Raider effing rocks and we'll be okay. We've got 23 people coming over for a cookout tomorrow. It's our monthly South Florida Punk Parents Group meeting. Randy's cooking ribs and all the cool moms and dads and babies will be there.

But it has been a week.

No comments: