Friday, July 14, 2006

Earth Population: One More

Just wanted to let everyone know that Dante Marcello Lane was born Tuesday July 11th, 2006 at 4:32 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 1/2 " long. He is healthy and happy and finally home.

I was induced on Monday when I went to the doctor for the sonogram. I labored for over 30 hours (contractions started on Sunday at 3:30am) and had to undergo an emergency C-section due to some problems. I didn't dilate over 6 centimeters and Dante was face UP instead of face down to get through the birth canal, which was causing major problems. My Obstetrician called it a "sunny side up" delivery. He told me that when they cut me open, Dante was just starting at him like "Hi Doc!". He also let me know that I was rambling about blue spaceships and ponies and such due to the major amount of drugs I was under.

I'm not going to lie folks, it was a hard and difficult labor, even before I went for the C-section. I had great coaches, my mom and Randy were fantastic, and put up with me screaming "no no no no no no no" when the contractions got really bad. I know I boasted about trying to "go it natural", but I must admit that even I had to concede to the epidural. Labor and delivery was tough guys, but I did it and I am proud of myself. I have 17 staples and a very big smile incision on my tummy to prove it and a beautiful baby boy.

Pictures to come within the next couple of days.

No comments: